Amplitude Consultants Pty Ltd is a growing Australian engineering consultancy offering a range of consulting and engineering services associated with AC power transmission and distribution, HVDC power transmission, renewable energy project connections, high voltage land and submarine cables, power electronics and Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS).
Amplitude People are high-performing, supportive of their teams, generous with their expertise, and understand what quality outcomes mean for their clients. Some are recognised global experts in their fields and all Amplitude People map their own career path with the company.
Amplitude Clients include a balanced portfolio of Australian and international top-tier organisations, utilities and developers.
Power Systems Engineers with demonstrated experience and a good understanding of
- Transmission network planning and operations
- Power generation and storage technologies
- The technical, commercial and financial considerations of engineering
- The National Electricity Market (NEM) generator and customer connection process
- Proficiency in PSSE and/or PSCAD
Senior Level Power System Professionals with expert knowledge of
- Conventional and renewable energy generation and battery storage systems; including an excellent theoretical knowledge on the physical operation of the plant together with modelling experience in PSSE and PSCAD
- The National Electricity Market and the West Australian Wholesale Energy Market, including the generator connection process, generator performance standards and R1 R2 testing procedures and commissioning
- The power project development lifecycle
HVDC, FACTS and Power Electronic Specialists with experience in
- The development, design, construction, commissioning and operation of HVDC, FACTS (STATCOMS, SVCs etc.) and power electronic applications to transmission and distribution systems
All positions require industry experience, strong organisational and interpersonal skills, the right to work in Australia as a Citizen or Permanent Resident and ability to work in Brisbane, QLD. Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering are preferred, however for some roles, non-tertiary qualified applicants with recent and relevant experience within the industry may also be considered.
Amplitude offers a collaborative and inclusive work environment; access to industry training, events and memberships; fun team events throughout the year; excellent mentorship from energetic, internationally recognised specialists; competitive remuneration; and cross-disciplinary opportunities.
Your technical expertise, drive and initiative will map your own desired path in the company.
If the opportunity you’re looking for doesn’t appear here, you can email your current CV and a one page cover letter introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruiters, thank you for your interest but only direct candidate applications considered.